Doubling Point Lighthouse, the most visited lighthouse on the Kennebec.
Doubling Point Light was built in 1898. It is one of four river lights on the Kennebec River in Maine. The photogenic octagonal tower was placed where the channel of the Kennebec makes two ninety degree turns. It sits on a granite foundation connected to the shore by a walkway. It is at the end of Doubling Point Road, to the left off Whitmores Landing Road in Arrowsic Island. The light tower and walkway are owned by the Non-profit, Friends of the Doubling Point Light, but the dwelling is owned privately. The owners allow access to the grounds. Boat tours of this and several other river lights are available.
Caretaker: Friends of Doubling Point Lighthouse.