The Rockland Breakwater Lighthouse sits at the end of a granite breakwater that stretches 4,346 feet into Rockland Harbor. During the seawall's 18-year construction, a series of temporary lights and lanterns were placed to warn mariners. Construction of the breakwater was completed in 1900. The permanent lighthouse was finished in 1902. For more information and directions, contact the Friends of Rockland Harbor Lights.